25.10.12

The island where people forget to die.

This is a great read.

Here's my chosen teaser.

'I had come here after hearing of a couple who had been married for more than 75 years. Thanasis and Eirini Karimalis both came to the door, clapped their hands at the thrill of having a visitor and waved me in. They each stood maybe five feet tall. He wore a shapeless cotton shirt and a battered baseball cap, and she wore a housedress with her hair in a bun.'

I want to meet them too. And! I hope you make it all the way to the part about “good duration” and “achievement.”



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. The part 'He never went through chemotherapy, took drugs or sought therapy of any sort. All he did was move home to Ikaria' brought tears to my eyes, and the ending made the hairs on my arms stand up. Puts some things in perspective for me. Great read!

mina said...

Blogger and writer Sarah Wilson did a series on her recent experience in Ikaria:

http://www.sarahwilson.com.au/2012/08/take-time-the-ikarian-lesson-thats-changing-my-life/

I so want to go there :)

 
Blogging tips