30.1.13

Books.

One of my New Year resolutions, one of the few I've so far kept, was to read a book a month for a whole year. More than easy for some but I am a terribly slow reader, to the point where one of my friends started to write the date I started the book in the front and then I had to add the finish date below it. I have lots of books with start dates in them.

So far so good though! My January book was 'Peach for Monsieur le Curé' by Joanne Harris. It was good but I would tell you you must read it. Now, for Feb (I'm getting a head start) I'm reading 'Almost French' by Sarah Turnbull, my Mum gave me this book to read an age ago and I never started it. I'm almost at half way, so I've started thinking about what might be my March book. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice problem you have! I always have a pile of titles I want to read before I've finished my current book. Ways to find new titles: browse topics you're interested in including countries you want to travel to, authors that you have enjoyed in the past, books by the writers of bloggers you follow, books that are releasing a moving that you want to see...

teresa said...

Well, one way to cheat is to re-read your childhood favourites. I've been re-reading the Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder, and it's been fun! You do pick up on stuff that you may have missed the first time around.

My next book might be The Shipping News by Annie Proulx. I started reading it at a bach over new years so I'll have to find a copy...

Alisha - the.wineglass.manifesto said...

The Twelve Tribes of Hattie comes out soon and it's amazing. I work in publishing so not only do I get to pre-read manuscripts, I get to tell people what they should be reading in advance! Google it - Oprah loved it too!

 
Blogging tips