10.7.08

News from Spain.



My dad is travelling around Spain at the moment and a few days ago he ran with the bulls in Paploma. He said the run is reasonably easy if you keep at least 2,000 runners between you and the bulls. 'The secret (if you are an old guy like me) is to be with the runners at the front - furthest from the bulls, you reach the bull ring almost before you can see the bulls approaching.'

He said there are thousands of people on the street and tens of thousands watching, a rocket is launched to let you know the bulls are lose! He wore the tradition white tshirt and red bandana too. Can't wait to see pictures of him! Unless he really is in this group shot- but I can't seem to see him. And I'm back here, safe from the bulls but not seeing anything as exciting.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey guys
I wanted to email you about interviewing you for an article that I am doing for world sweet world.

but I can't find your email address!!

will you please email me at anemone.crafts@gmail.com

pretty please. I would love to hear from you as soon as possible.

cheers.

and very nice that your dad was not crushed by bulls.

friend or doe said...

Hehe I concur! Very fortunate. You're just itching to travel aren't you? What will Rich do when you go gallivanting? x

lily, rosemary and the jack of hearts said...

I hope we will survive! I am itching to go but don't want to leave at the same time. He's joining me in LA and New York for a little bit though- that will ease the pain! (I hope)

 
Blogging tips