8.9.09

Thank you, Thank you.

It is 1 hour and 5 minutes till my birthday officially starts and I am determined to be in bed asleep before then, I much prefer waking up on my birthday than going to sleep on it.

But! Before then I have somethings to tell about. I found through a long line of blogs this wonderful shop in Paris called 'Merci Merci'. Oh how I wish I had known about this place when we arrived there a few months ago.

Merci Merci, it appears, is a new breed of charity shop, owned and run by Marie-France and Bernard Cohen (the ex-owners of Bonpoint). On the site and thanks to Google translator (where are french speaking friends when you need them!) it notes 'after selling Bonpoint, imagining an exceptional place run like a business, classic and effective, and not as a charity store.' With more thanks to Google, I also gather that the stores profits go to help the poorest of poor children in places like Madagascar. And after finally coming across some blogs in English I discover you enter this magical looking place through either the florist or used book cafe parts of the store and then more spaces open up to you full of all sorts of carefully aranged magnificant things.

Take a look at the beautiful pictures below to get more of an idea of the spaces they have made. It all looks completely jaw dropping, and with the likes of Stella McCartney and Yves Saint Laurent supporting the project by donating their creations (at reduced prices) I want to get there as quick as I can!















All the great pictures are from Morning by Foley and you can find some more on Scout Holiday. Merci Merci is located at 111 boulevard Beaumarchais 75003, Paris. It's open Monday thru Saturday from 10-19.

And lastly! Before I must dash to bed, I would love to wear something similar to this this summer. Lacy black with black leotard beneath, Juliette Hogan genius.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Happy Birthday!! Such a lovely date, my little brother's birthday is today too.

That charity shop is AMAZING.

 
Blogging tips